Soil Moisture Monitoring by AquaSpy
Irrigation decisions made easy
All crops depends on water, and between varying soil types and topography, putting water where it's needed is an ongoing challenge. Knowing when, and how much water your crops need is sometimes more art than science.
Now there's a better way. FarmQA Soil Moisture Monitoring by AquaSpy's unique sensor system and smart information technology helps save water, prevent nitrogen leaching, maximize crop value, and reduce pumping and fertilizer costs which means increased profits for your business.
- Detect moisture levels in the soil sooner
- Reduce water usage by 10%
- Improve root activity
- Detect active root zone (ARZ) for better plant management
- Eliminate leaching
- Reduce pumping and fertilizer costs
- Increase yields by 10-40%
- Make real-time irrigation decisions
- Do it all for less than $5/acre annually
- Track crop behavior of both water and nutrients through a 48" profile
- 12 sensors in each 48" probe measure moisture, electrical conductivity (EC) and temperature
- Sensor readings provide a soil moisture profile of the plant
- Irrigation templates provide a visual indication of overall irrigation demand
- Remotely monitor data via a web-based interface
- Easy-to-use and fully automated
- Cloud-based - no software installation required, automatic updates
- Precision technology with tough, compact and expandable implements - all supported by FarmQA
Integrated view of your moisture
FarmQA Controller combines the soil moisture data from AquaSpy with daily weather data from your fields including air temperature, precipitation, humidity, and wind speed. You can monitor weather conditions to prevent pest and disease outbreaks, monitor soil and plant humidity to ensure proper irrigation, and overall improve water management and moisture control. With FarmQA Controller you can analyze, adjust, and manage your operation more effectively and get even more value from the AquaSpy probes.
AquaSpy EC Data Interpretation
The AquaSpy soil moisture probe can detect soil moisture, temperature, and electrical conductivity (EC) independently at every 4 inch sensor along the length of the probe. EC data is often overlooked but can provide useful information such as when a leaching event occurred, and how deep leaching nutrients moved.
AquaSpy Full and Empty Point
The AquaSpy soil moisture probe is an effective sensor for reading soil moisture, temperature, and electrical conductivity (EC). A audio signal is sent out from the probe, the speed and attenuation of the signal upon return is used to provide usable data. An algorithm is then used to calculate the full and refill points displayed within AquaSpy.
Soil Moisture Monitoring Includes
- AquaSpy multi-sensor probes and communication tower
- AquaSpy AgSpy software
- FarmQA Controller
- FarmQA SoilScan (optional)
- FarmQA Nitro-Bars (optional)